Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Mixtape Download: Diurnal Rituals

Available Again! (07-18-12) I have FINALLY finished everything, well almost everything I wanted, for the second mixtape. This mix's songs actually come from songs I listened to this summer, but that doesn't mean they were all written in the last decade. I have been studying our climate and the dynamical systematic changes that occur between night and day. While doing this I noticed my favorite songs started to subconsciously order themselves in a diurnal cycle. Moods changing from dark to light and back to dark again. So I wanted to explore that concept of cycles or rituals that occur in our every day lives, be it natural or human, and structure the mix as the cycle of our day on Earth.
I say that I almost did everything I wanted because I truly wanted to collaborate with my friend Ronnie too. I wanted a written word aspect that accompanied this theme. Maybe a short story that had this mix as the soundtrack of sorts. But, Ron being the awesome guy he is, is swamped with being a student again and a new husband. I wouldn't completely rule it out from happening in the future though.
I am re-posting the mix because I fixed some glitches with the physical music and I have created some new back cover art that now has the track listing on it.
I hope you guys enjoy it and spread it along. It is being published so late that I already have quite a long this for the third mixtape. Be on the lookout.
Enjoy.
Comments always welcome.



As always download the mix by clicking on the "down-arrow" button on the mini player.
DiurnalRitual by statrat333

No comments:

Post a Comment