Thursday, February 11, 2010

New artists, well at least to me.

First off we have Fever Ray, who comes to us by ways of The Knife. I have been a big fan for a long time. This solo album is probably the best I have heard all year. She is an artist through and through and you can see it in her videos.


Here is an awesome video she collaborated with Royksopp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iLkZMCZNmc

My second favorite album so far has been from Little Dragon:


I found this on an artists blog. His name is So-Me. He does the cover art for Justice and some others on Ed Banger's record label. I can't find this group anywhere else on the web. If you find out, let me know:


I just downloaded the new release from The XX:



Andrea and I have been really into Fela Kuti ever since we saw a rendition of one of his songs on Colbert. Another artist who went all out:


Now for the Hip Hoppers,
Just a classic, no diggity, no doubt. I have a feeling Dr.Dre's music will be around for a long time:


Of all the groups that fuze jazz and hip hop, A Tribe Called Quest definitly does it best:


This one has just been stuck in my head, downloaded the single, don't have the album though. Damien Marley. I heard he has an album coming out with NaS:


This one is just hilarious. Diplo is the producer for MIA. He has a new group called Major Lazor, not such a big fan but some might like it. Well I like the video at least:

Major Lazer "Keep it Going Louder" from Eric Wareheim on Vimeo.



Thats it for today. Should have more soon.
StatRat

No comments:

Post a Comment