Monday, February 14, 2011

More free music


Houston screw musician OG Ron C has remixed Kanye's latest album. He has cleverly named it "MY BEAUTIFAL TWISTED DARK HOUSTON FANTASY". I was pleasently surprised by it, I would maybe even rather listen to it over the original.


Out of the box I approved of Kanye's album, but did not feel it deserved to be on any top-ten album lists of 2010, that it so frequently appeared on (even NPR and Pitchfork). I personally felt Big Boi's album was much better for a commercial rap album. Anyways. Back to OG Ron C. Maybe I liked Ron C's version better because of my current Salem funk, who knows.


The one draw back is that Ron C is constantly talking in the background, mentioning his website ChopNotSlop.com. If you can delete these interludes immediately you will enjoy it much more. I guess if you put out a free album you have to get something out of it. But saying "Chop Not Slop" over 50 times might be a little overboard.
I am not saying that OG Ron C is a better artist than Kanye. Definitely not. It reminds me of Peter Jackson and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. In no way did Jackson develop those characters or write the amazing story line. He just took the parts he liked and envisioned them his way.


So in the end take it for what it is, and remember... it was free.
Download it here from Ron's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment