Thursday, November 15, 2012

StatRat?

People may wonder why this blog is called "statrat"... There is never any posts about stats?
The reason being is that I am a statistician, but I also love other things. Like music and art. And I assume people are not that interested in statistical science enough to freshen up on their down time. Well, I am posting this because people ask me all the time, "What do you study? Statistics is so broad". I always then give some super summed up version. But, I stumbled upon this video and was blown away. This is pretty much exactly what I do. Except, expressed beautifully and artistically. (I know art and science in one post... I am getting a chubby)

Global weather reconstructions from National Maritime Museum on Vimeo.

Except once the weather patterns are recreated. I build models to predict future patterns, with the reconstructed data from the past to train the model's algorithms.

No comments:

Post a Comment